The Flash, one of DC Comics’ most popular superheroes, is getting his own movie in 2023. After several years of development and multiple changes to the creative team, the film is finally set to hit theaters in November 2023. Here’s everything we know so far about “The Flash” 2023 movie.
Plot and Storyline
The plot of “The Flash” movie is expected to be based on the “Flashpoint” storyline from the comics. In this storyline, the Flash travels back in time to save his mother from being killed, resulting in significant changes to the timeline and a new reality where Bruce Wayne dies instead of his parents, leading to a darker and more dangerous world.
While the exact details of the movie’s plot are being kept under wraps, it has been confirmed that the film will involve time travel and multiple universes. The movie is also rumored to be a “soft reboot” of the DC Extended Universe, which could allow the franchise to move in a new direction while still keeping some of its established continuity.
Cast and Characters
Ezra Miller will reprise his role as Barry Allen, the Flash. In addition to Miller, the movie’s cast features several notable actors, including:
- Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne / Batman: Keaton is returning to the role of Batman for the first time since 1992’s “Batman Returns.” His role in the movie is rumored to be significant, and he could be playing an older version of Bruce Wayne from an alternate universe.
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman: Affleck is also returning to his role as Batman, which he played in the DC Extended Universe films “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” “Suicide Squad,” and “Justice League.” His appearance in the movie is expected to be a smaller role than Keaton’s.
- Sasha Calle as Supergirl: Calle, who is best known for her role in the soap opera “The Young and the Restless,” will be making her big-screen debut as Supergirl. Her role in the movie is expected to be significant, and she could potentially become a major player in the DC Extended Universe moving forward.
- Kiersey Clemons as Iris West: Clemons will be playing Iris West, a journalist and love interest of Barry Allen. She previously appeared in a cameo role in “Justice League,” which was cut from the theatrical release of the movie.
- Ron Livingston as Henry Allen: Livingston will be playing the role of Henry Allen, Barry’s father. He is taking over the role from Billy Crudup, who had to drop out of the movie due to scheduling conflicts.
There are also rumors that other DC Comics characters could make appearances in the movie, including Wonder Woman and Aquaman. However, these rumors have not been confirmed.
Director and Creative Team
The movie is being directed by Andy Muschietti, who is best known for his work on horror films like “It” and “Mama.” The script is being written by Christina Hodson, who previously wrote “Bumblebee” and “Birds of Prey.”
The creative team has promised that the movie will be a unique and exciting take on the Flash character and that it will explore new aspects of the DC Extended Universe. The movie has gone through several changes in development, with several directors and writers attached to the project before Muschietti and Hodson came on board.
Release Date and Production Status
“The Flash” 2023 movie is currently in production, with filming expected to start in April 2023.
Production and Filming
“The Flash” 2023 movie began pre-production in 2019, with filming originally scheduled to start in 2020. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, production was delayed until early 2021. The movie is being filmed in the United Kingdom, and set photos and videos have already surfaced online showing glimpses of the movie’s production.
It has been reported that the movie has a budget of over $100 million, making it one of the most expensive DC Comics movies ever made.
Rumors and Speculation
As with any highly-anticipated movie, there have been many rumors and speculation surrounding “The Flash” 2023 movie. Some of the most notable rumors include:
- The movie will feature multiple versions of Batman, including a version played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played Thomas Wayne in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”
- The movie will introduce the concept of the “Speed Force,” a mystical energy field that gives the Flash his powers.
- The movie will set up a future Justice League movie, with the possibility of the Flash leading the team.
While none of these rumors have been confirmed, they have certainly fueled excitement and speculation among fans of the DC Extended Universe.
“The Flash” 2023 movie is shaping up to be a significant addition to the DC Extended Universe. With a talented cast, an experienced director, and an exciting storyline, the movie has the potential to be one of the biggest movies of the year. While we still have several months to go before the movie is released, fans of the Flash and DC Comics can certainly look forward to what is sure to be a thrilling ride through time and space.
1 thought on “The Flash (2023): Cast, Breakdown, Rumors and Everything”